Friday, June 26, 2009

Raindrops Remixed

Basement Jaxx continue an almost perfect decade-long run of great singles with their latest Raindrops. I rarely get my hopes up that remixes will do much to improve a song and I can't see any of these getting more iPod spins than the delicious original version, but I'm making this post to share with you the widget below which "mixes the remixes" creating a rather addictive tool for sampling the goods. Click on "Play With It" and join in the fun. Notice that it even has a fade out when you press stop.



While I'm here, I'm going to share with you a few remixes that, for me, do improve on the original. Suggestion: Turn down the lights, and turn up the volume.

Late of the Pier - The Bears Are Coming (Emperor Machine Remix)

Björk - Earth Intruders (Spank Rock remix)

M.I.A. - Paper Planes (DFA Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment